Today is December 31st, 2017 – New Year’s Eve. It’s time to think back on the entire year and find my favorite moments. I was able to do so much this year between family, work, and travel. It was hard to narrow it down but here are my favorite 10 moments.
- Spoke in front of 600+ people at my work’s annual conference. ! I was super nervous but I didn’t show it at all while speaking. It was only for a few minutes, but as someone who hates speaking in front of large groups (10+), I am so proud of myself for accomplishing this!
- Paid off 16% of my debt in 2017. I decided to get serious about paying off debt. It’s been hard to create a budget and even harder to follow the budget. I am determined to pay off this debt though so I can more easily travel and live the life that I want. You can read more about how in my post, Getting Out of Debt.
- Paid off my car loan early. This goes along with paying off debt. It hasn’t been fun or easy, but it’s a nice feeling knowing that I own my car 100% now.
- Took a motorcycle trip to the North Shore of MN. Read all about it on my posts: Here’s What No One Tells You About Minnesota North Shore and Visit the Waterfalls of Minnesota North Shore.
- Met my oldest half-brother and his family for the first time. My mom had given a baby boy up for adoption in the 1960s. I had known about him since I was in middle school. When I found out, I was hoping he would reach out to us but thought it may never happen since at that point he was in his 20’s. For whatever reason, I had it stuck in my head that those who are adopted only reach out to their biological family while in their late teens/early 20’s. However, Christmas Eve 2016, he reached out to us. We all met him this summer when his family came to visit MN.
- Recovered from a motorcycle accident. Purchased and rode a new one less than two months later. Not exactly proud of all of this, but I’m listing it anyway. After my motorcycle accident this summer, I was scared I would never hop on a bike again. Less than two months later, I decided to search for a new one. The first time I rode it was the “test ride” before purchasing it. I had so many feelings at the time: scared, nervous, happy, thrilled. Thankfully, the good feelings outweighed the bad. So, there I was less than two months later, buying a new motorcycle!
- Started a blog! Ruud Attitude launched in September 2017. I love challenging myself and was looking for some “side hustles” to keep myself busy. Starting a blog and creating the content has definitely been keeping me busy. I’m loving it though!
- Surprised everyone by dying my hair purple. My hair is usually very long, past the middle of my back. However, every couple of years I get sick of it so I chop it. This year I decided to chop it right before my birthday/cruise. At the same time, I wanted to do something fun and different than I usually do. So, I had my stylist do a fun color with purple on the roots. It was only temporary so didn’t last very long but was still fun to have. Pretty much everyone that saw me was surprised by the purple, which made it even more fun.
- Went on my first cruise with my best friend. Both my best friend and I turned 30 this year. We decided to do a trip together to celebrate. Neither of us had ever been on a cruise before so we decided to do that. We went to Miami first for a couple of days and then took a three day Carnival cruise to the Bahamas. Check out my tips before your first cruise!
- Saw Michelle Obama speak. Never in my life would I have thought I would attend a Q&A discussion by Michelle Obama. But I did! She is so inspiring and I am so happy I was able to attend (and get decent seats)! Read more about it in my Dreamforce post.
2017 has been amazing and I’m excited to see 2018 has in store for me!
What were your favorite moments of 2017? Share them by commenting below!