Since I only launched my blog last week, it is definitely still a work in progress. I was very surprised to hear I was nominated not once, but twice for the Liebster Award this week. Once by Judean with HR What??? and then by Erin with Love. Live. Adventure. Thank you, both!!
Now, what in the world is the Liebster Award?
After hearing from both bloggers about being nominated, I had no idea what the award was. I went to their blog posts about it and read what they had to say!
It is an award that is given out to new bloggers. It’s a way for them to connect with the blogging community. After all, the best way to be successful is with the mentorship and advice from others in similar fields as yourself. It is also a great way to promote your own blog and others.
Click here for the rules of the Liebster Award.
What is my favorite new blog so far?
Exploring Curiously. I love this blog. She has many posts about her travels and adventures. Since I am trying for a Travel and Lifestyle blog, I enjoy reading through her travel posts. Not only do they give me good ideas for how to write my own content. They also provide great coverage of some places she’s been, and she has some great tips about traveling, in general. Be sure to check it out!
10 Random Facts About Me!
- I love sushi. Seriously, love it. I can and would eat it every day if I could afford it.
- My mom and I took a sushi making class in August. Are you surprised by this? I mean, look at fact #1.
- I am obsessed with shoes. I’ve been thinking about creating my own shoe line for a while. Ruud Attitude was the brand name that originally came to mind a few years ago. Now it’s a blog name.
- I grew up on a hobby farm and had my own horse, Moses. Miss him and riding so much!
- Most people consider me a total city girl and are surprised by fact #4 when I tell them.
- Six years ago, I wouldn’t have been able to hook up my own router and modem for the internet. Now, I work for a software company, can do HTML, troubleshoot like a boss, have managed products from the idea stage to production stage, and have a love for technology. Can hardly wait for that new Pixel 2, Y’all!
- I can change the oil and do other general maintenance on my motorcycle.
- When I read a good book, time falls away. I’ve been known to stay up all night just so I can finish it and/or the series. Not a great idea when you have to work the next morning.
- My love of traveling started when I was young. I went to Seattle, WA several times growing up to visit my dad and other family members that live there.
- I love all things paranormal! Ghost Hunters – yup. Supernatural – yup. Visiting creepy houses/cemeteries – yup.
- Bonus to go along with #10, I lived in a haunted duplex in St. Paul, MN for two years! My friends think I’m crazy for how long I lived there.
Other Blogs I Feel Deserve the Liebster Award
- A Girl Talk Blog. Started shortly before I did. Great DIY projects!
- Happiness in the Labyrinth of Life. Variety of topics. This includes motorcycles, which are a passion of mine!
- NY Foodie Family. Family blogging all about NY! I love all the different posts they have. Although I’ve been to NY before, their posts make me want to go back again, and soon!
- Forty Eighteen. Her recipes look and sound amazing! I’m excited to try them!
- Nobody’s Princess. I love the attitude and personality that shines through this blog. It seems very similar to my own personality and independence.
I hope everyone I’ve nominated sees this as a way to show appreciation for all the hard work they’ve put into blogging. As a new blogger myself, I am truly learning and experiencing how much work it takes to blog.